N0TE: The File is L0cked!! P!ease F0ll0w The !nstruct!0n Bel0w
T0 D0WNL0AD THE S0NG/V!DEO THAT BR0UGHT Y0U HERE, CL!CK THE IM@GE B3L0W AND D0WNL0AD W!LL START AUT0MAT!CALLY
Within the North Bay Branch, and under the direction of the Senior Manager of Operations, the Administrative Assistant is responsible to the below lists.
• Administrative duties such as typing letters, documents, presentations, and proposals.
• Responding to seniors calling to inquire of home and community care services.
• Assisting seniors with accessing home and community care services through referrals and providing information of resources available in our community.
• Answering the telephone and general inquiries for the public.
• Preparing and distributing public service announcements.
• Answering general inquiries about the programs and receiving referrals.
• Assisting with the volunteer recruitment process, as required.
• Assisting in the design, development, production and distribution of volunteer recruitment materials.
• Receiving client account payments, donations, logging cheques, and issuing receipts.
• Responding to inquiries regarding programs and services offered by the Red Cross providing information and assistance.
• Directing callers to other community agencies or information sources where appropriate
• Logging all requests for service calls and producing statistical reports as required
• Assisting the Community Health and Wellness Team Lead to provide administrative support to the functioning of the branch services.
• Assisting with the following duties may include but not limited to:
• Processing all mail
• Maintaining filing system
• Controlling inventory
• Updating and maintaining manuals and policies as required
• Making arrangements and participating in various activities to promote Red Cross
• Ensuring volunteer compliance with policies and procedures
• Maintaining current data bases
• Planning/Booking of meetings and trips
• Following all policies and procedures as required to maintain a healthy and safe working environment.
• Updating and maintaining branch manuals
• Strong administrative and client contact skills;
• Assisting with other duties as assigned by the Community Health and Wellness Team Lead. QUALIFICATIONS
• Must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment.
• Excellent interpersonal and recording skills.
• A caring, non-judgemental individual.
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office software applications (i.e. MS Word, Excel, and MS Outlook)
• Organizational skills and the ability to understand detailed information
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• A self-motivated individual who takes initiative and pays attention to detail.
• Proficient in troubleshooting and resolving problems.
• Bilingualism an asset.
Please note that there is no relocation package for this position. This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record and reference check. The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer. To apply to this position please click below.