The Housekeeper is responsible for maintaining high standards of extensive cleanliness and sanitation throughout the Casino and at off-site buildings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist in promoting brand loyalty by engaging in exceptional customer service to both our external and internal customers.
• Interact with guests by answering questions, providing information, greeting guests, and assisting whenever possible.
• Extensive cleaning and sanitizing of all areas in the front and back of house Casino as well as at off-site locations.
• Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
• Dust furniture and equipment.
• Wash walls, ceilings, windows, door panels, sills, and woodwork.
• Polish metal work.
• Empty and clean ashtrays.
• Empty and clean trash receptacles. Remove and replace trash liners.
• Collect and separate recycle bins.
• Transport trash and waste to disposal area.
• Replenish bathroom supplies.
• Clean and maintain flooring by sweeping, moping waxing, buffing, etc.
• Keep all chemicals in assigned areas with proper labels according to the SDS.
• Arrange furniture and equipment.
• The Housekeeper must follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing, or moving of objects/materials and/or the clean-up of blood, infectious materials, or body fluids containing blood in accordance with the OSHA Blood-borne Pathogen Standard or San Manuel’s Exposure Control Plan for Blood-borne Pathogens. Maintain stock of cleaning materials and equipment needed to complete duties.
• Notify management of supplies needed or equipment requiring maintenance.
• Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Minimum one (1) to three (3) months housekeeping experience preferred.
• At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions – Environment
The physical requirement demands described here are representatives of those that an employee encounters and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Constant walking and standing.
• Hearing sufficient to hear conversational levels in person and over the telephone.
• Speech sufficient to make oneself heard and understood in person, in front of groups, in meetings, and over the telephone.
• Visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned, or to make general observations of facilities, guests and employees.
• Strength sufficient to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally: lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds occasionally.
• Physical activities that apply to the essential functions of the position are: Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions.
• Primary work environment is in a climate – controlled setting.
• Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles including secondhand smoke.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today.