N0TE: The File is L0cked!! P!ease F0ll0w The !nstruct!0n Bel0w
T0 D0WNL0AD THE S0NG/V!DEO THAT BR0UGHT Y0U HERE, CL!CK THE IM@GE B3L0W AND D0WNL0AD W!LL START AUT0MAT!CALLY
Reporting to the Director Community Relations and Planning, the Administrative Assistant, will manage and monitor the reception area at all times. This position is primarily responsible for providing switchboard and reception customer service and is a first point of contact for the CRC Burnaby office and members of the public. The position will also assist program administration for other departments and oversee volunteers.
Responsibility 1: Reception and Customer Service Support
Status: Temporary Part-Time (21 hours/week)
• First point of contact with the general public; responds to general enquiries; provides information and directs the incoming calls to appropriate service department/program or other agencies
• Responsible for recruiting, engaging, and training reception volunteers to support work
• Greets and directs customers/clients to appropriate department/program.
• Assists with administrative functions for the programs and services in BC as required. These functions may be confidential, and may include basic computer, printer, fax machine, and telecommunications support, ordering of office/facilities related supplies, delegation and event support.
• Supports the centralized system for Grand and Toy orders for BC & Yukon
• Supports “all staff” non-program meetings and training
• Ensures kitchen and photocopy room is maintained and stocked with supplies
• Accepts donations to the CRC in person and/or over the phone, and issues general non-tax receipts
• Assists in maintaining the security of building
• Maintains reception area in a clean and orderly fashion
• Operates a multi-line telephone switchboard console; answers all incoming telephone calls and routes to appropriate person or department; takes messages when required; responds to public enquiries; provides information and/or refers caller to other CRC offices or agencies, as required.
• Participates in disaster response planning, preparation and response, as needed.
• Contributes to a healthy and safe working environment.
• Integrates volunteer resources within scope of responsibilities, as required.
• Performs other duties, as required.
Education and Experience
The minimum qualifications for this job are the completion of some post secondary education, and 1-2 years of job-related work experience, such as performing reception, clerical, and/or customer service functions. This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Canadian criminal record check.
Skills and Abilities
• Strong communication skills in verbal and written English
• Excellent telephone and email etiquette
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage conflict/difficult situations
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
• Proven data entry skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Ability to train and supervise volunteers
• Ability to effectively solve routine problems
• Attention to detail and follows policy directives
• Ability to be flexible
• Tact and diplomacy
• Fluency in the French language
• Experience working with a diverse population, and an understanding of cultural issues
• Experience working with and supporting volunteers working conditions
• The majority of the work is performed in an environment which is mostly clean and comfortable.
To apply for this position, please click below: