As stated above, the name of the company offering this Job opportunity, is JR DMR which is based in Vancouver, but actually covers jobs in the whole province. JR DMR, is a construction company that have 10 full time positions available for immediate start.
Job Requirements & Benefits
Below, are some of the requirements and benefits of being a Bricklayer at JR DMR & construction company.
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3 – 4 Years of experience as an apprentice or must be a certified brick layer. We are not looking to train.
- The positions available are permanent full-time positions, with benefits after three months.
- This job does require you to have a valid drivers license.
- You are expected to be able to work with a team unsupervised. We work a lot of residential jobs, and it is important to up hold a professional manner.
- The pay to start is $32.00 an hour, with room to grow.
- We work rain or shine, and you must be comfortable with heights as well as in good physical shape as there is heavy lifting involved
- You are expected to provide your own basic masonry hand tools, as well as your own steel toed boots.
- You must converse fluently in English.
Expectations Of The Position
In this Job, here are some of the expectations placed on you as a Bricklayer at JR DMR & construction company.
- Read sketches and blueprints to calculate materials required.
- Cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks to specification using hand and power tools.
- Prepare and lay bricks, concrete blocks, stone, structural tiles and similar materials to construct or repair walls, foundations and other structures in residential, industrial and commercial construction.
- Lay bricks or other masonry units to build residential or commercial chimneys and fireplaces.
- Lay radial bricks to build masonry shells of industrial chimneys.
- Lay or install firebricks to line industrial chimneys and smokestack.
- Line or reline furnaces, kilns, boilers and similar installations using refractory or acid-resistant bricks, refractory concretes, plastic refractories and other materials.
- Lay bricks, stone or similar materials to provide veneer facing to walls or other surfaces.
- Construct and install prefabricated masonry units.
- Lay bricks or other masonry units to build patios, garden walls and other decorative installations.
- May restore, clean or paint existing masonry structure.
How To Apply For Job
Having read the expectancy and requirements, plus the benefits of getting this job, here is how to apply for job.
If you fulfill all the mandatory requirements listed, please feel free to contact the office of JR DMR by phone at 604-266-3002 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our office is open between 8:00 am and 2:00 pm.